about me Instagram Tweet Me

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cars.



I'm writing about this because I saw an interesting article and photograph in the New York Times. It seems like many Americans are passing up the idea of a luxury car and going with a car that takes them form point A to point be B using the least amount of gas possible.  Since I was born cars have been part of my life, General Motors cars to be exact, because my Dad owns two car dealerships. (Chevrolet, GMC, Pontiac, and Buick) The latest cars, the economy, and gas prices have always been a topic of choice with my family. Lately its been gas prices and my Dad telling me the car business isn't what it used to be. The hype of cars isn't there anymore. If any hype its that cars are becoming gas-guzzlers and every Americans carbon foot print is affecting our world with the cars we drive. I'm all for going green, but I still love the Chevy cars, thankfully their are hybrids and flex fuel styles. These topics have been even more prevalent because this summer I've been working at my Dad's dealership and many dealerships that did well are closing. Thankfully my Dad's is a top-selling in the nation and I hope that doesn't become an option. Anyways, the photo above really grabbed my attention because these day's more and more people are willing to pass-up on SUV's and not let their ego get in the way of having the best car with all the whistles and bells. 
What do you think..? I think its true and our ideals of the American dream means you need to have the best of the best, but evolving into not as long is it helps the planet then we want it. 

-L

wibiya widget

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin